Earn 100fpp's after signing up & i'll send you $35!

September 07, 2006

Media Whore

Well, not quite! I am hardly the Ben Shephard (chumpy-faced smug-grinned git) of the poker world, but BBC Radio Nottingham did ask me to come on their Breakfast Show again this week and talk about on-line gambling's attractions and pitfalls etc. This is the second time I have been on their show, I posted about the first time here.

Basically, some professor in Nottingham is doing a study on on-line gambling and what makes people want to play - its a look into their motivations and reasons for doing it and they just wanted someone with a bit of background in on-line gambling on there to talk about it and to give their opinion - so i said yes. - obviously. I wasn't on for very long and I've not listened to it but I think it came out ok, if you really have absolutely nothing else to do, you can listen to it here on their 'listen again' feature. (It was on about 8:45am).

I'm still writing articles for UK Pokernews and Sports Betting News which i am thoroughly enjoying - seems like a few of my tips haven't been far off either :-)

I've hardly played on-line poker at all in the last few weeks and I suppose I have missed it a little bit, but I think a break from the e-felt for a while can only be a good thing. You don't realise how much of a grind it can be day to day until you take a step back and start doing other things away from the laptop and away from the tables. I'll be back! - but for now I am enjoying a little time off from it, at least I can't get bad beated, tilted or suffer stupid swings if I don't play :-).

Talking of swings, I was blog surfing the other day and came accros this little treasue (which I have now bookmarked). I thought it was a wind up at first but apparently it is real! - How on earth can these sort of swings and yoyos allow you to sleep at night, especially when he goes on about needing money for 'rent' - it seems like he needs his money for other things and really should be grinding the lower limits but who am I to judge? - maybe i'm getting old! - i'm just glad its someone else and not me - it's a cracking read though, and he deserves an award for his services to blogging and impatience!


Good luck at the tables!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home