Earn 100fpp's after signing up & i'll send you $35!

January 23, 2006

Cash Out Before I Bust Out

I have taken the drastic preventative action of cashing out my entire on-line balance before i go and lose it all. I have been having a horrible run on the internet in the last two weeks - just sick!, but its all the more dissappointing as its on the back of 5-6 weeks of steady bank roll building, good cards, good play and disciplined solid poker. I was managing to pull in a nice amount each week and even started paying myself a weekly wage (10% of my on-line bankroll), everything was looking rosey, but thats all gone pear-shaped. Maybe i was beginning to think the game was easy and that all i had to do was boot up lappie and the money would attract to me like a magnetic force but i suppose just as you get compalcent and cocky thats when the game gives you a good solid bite to the arse and in short.....I just can't win right now - i seem to bubble in every sit n' go i play, if i make a final in a multi, i don't get beyond 8th and every time i flop a strong hand in a cash game it either gets busted or someone is sat there with the stone cold coconuts waiting for me to pay them off with second best - its been a horror show!

I can feel myself getting annoyed, the red figures are increasing and all i can see is the big minus sign alongside the monthly profit figure. I have therefore decided to cash my remaining on-line bank roll out and just give it a rest for a while - I keep telling myself its a life-long game with peaks and troughs, win some, lose some and i know i am easily good enough to win in the long run and i have proved that to over the past 3 years but perhaps i need a break to renew the passion for the game and break the monotony of daily losses and endless bubbles, we'll see.......

later

4 Comments:

Blogger Wonky said...

Greg,

Been there mate.. without a doubt the best thing to do is have a few days off and do something else for a while. Sounds like you've got your head screwed on. A lot of people tilt away a fortune on a bad run, start over playing top pair etc. Im sure it will turn.

Good luck

Jim

25/1/06 6:20 pm

 
Blogger Greg_'Junior'_Hill said...

thanks Jim.
feel better for leaving off for a while. - gonna try and play more live poker too - i miss it.

greg

26/1/06 3:26 pm

 
Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Have a break and work out whether it's bad play or bad luck. I know it sounds patronising, but sometimes you just don't realise that your game has changed. It happened to me last month and it wasn't until I took a step back that I realised I was actually making different decisions. Raising a few more hands preflop, calling big raises with 6-8 suited, getting too excited by a draw, and so on.

Of course, it could easily be bad luck too, but just make 100% sure whilst you take your break.

Good luck m8

snoops

1/2/06 6:56 pm

 
Blogger Greg_'Junior'_Hill said...

cheers snoops.
i have totally broken from cash games now and am focussing purely on tournaments - sems to be working.

2/2/06 7:21 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home